Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Generic retail e-commerce selling products like tshirts, books, mugs, gadgets, etc.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
Design needs to meet these objectives:
- Minimalist design focusing on products and good use of whitespace/typography.
- Utilize web fonts (google fonts, or other web font services)
- Design should be responsive-sensitive
- Use a tasteful, simplistic (but not elementary) color palette featuring a primary color, with support color tones and a secondary accent color (or neutral).
You may or may not decided to employ web icons (web font icons).
Design a homepage for a generic retail ecommerce website that could be used in any industry for our e-commerce system demo site.
The homepage should include the following design treatments:
- Logo treatment
- Navigation menu with a sub-menu treatment
- An "account" menu separate of the main navigation with links for My Account, a shopping cart (with number of items and/or cart total) and search icon or search box.
- A prominent landing graphic / slideshow
- A product carousel treatment (think cover-flow-like sliding carousel)
- A grid of 3-6 products below featuring different product types both on sale an not
- A three or four column footer with:
- - Social links (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
- - Email newsletter signup (form field and call to action button)
The page should include an area with a grid for 3-4 featured products and include on-sale badges.