Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We offer an online challenge for runners to run 1,000 miles in a year. We offer free and paid-for, premium memberships. We currently have a database of over 20,000 participants. Participants that complete the challenge can receive a medal. We intend to offer other products (physical and digital) and services to this audience of runners. Thousands of people visit our website through paid advertising each week. We are looking to significantly improve our conversion rate for people signing up for the challenge.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
- We want to stay true to the current color scheme and brand
- Inspiring and motivating feeling
- Everybody feels like a champion
- A message that is challenging and still encouraging
- We would like to make better use of images, video, and high-quality copy in a responsive design format. The majority of our users access the site from their mobile phones.
- We need a much more effective call to action.
- Our primary goal is to get visitors to sign-up for the challenge.
- A secondary goal would be to get visitors to provide their email in return for a free offer.
1. Mobile Layout Homepage Redesign - Most visitors come to our site through their mobile phones. We need to take a mobile-first approach to design. Please refer to the http://www.strava.com site for a good example of mobile design. The primary goal is to get visitors to sign-up for the challenge. Secondary goal to capture an email address in return for a free offer. (Responsive, visually appealing imagery (with large video or image option), clearly communicates benefits)
2. Desktop full-screen design - Provide a full-screen design of the homepage--leveraging the design elements from the mobile design.
We are looking to establish a long-term relationship with a talented designer to assist us in not just the redesign of our homepage, but somebody who can assist us with landing pages and other areas of our site. We have plans to create new challenges, which will require new web site designs after successfully monetizing this existing site.