Based on the sitemap I also drew a wireframe (sketch) for the homepage. I purposely left a lot of room for large visuals on the homepage, because I want the visitor to immediately see that Catena is a high-tech company. I envision photographs inside a clean-room, a close-up of a chip, or perhaps even a chip layout drawing. Setting the right mood is crucial, these kinds of photographs do that very well.
Furthermore, the homepage is basically a short summary of the entire website. It contains a short introduction, the Services and Solutions, latest blog posts, and vacancies.
2. GENERIC SUBPAGE / STYLE GUIDE
We will have a number of generic subpages containing more detailed information about our services, company, etc. We would like to have a generic subpage template (or rather a sort of styleguide) that allows us to tell a story using text, photos and video. Please design one generic subpage layout, containing the following elements:
- Ability to define “rows” or “areas” in the page to visually separate content
- Ability to use large photos to set a mood, and break content flow
- Headings (H1 to H5)
- Call-to-action buttons with space for an icon and text label, in 2 different colors
- Contact form (name, company, email address, message, and a submit button)
- Bullet list
- Numbered list
- Button for downloading a whitepaper
- Photo contained with a paragraph of text