I need a personal homepage/project portfolio. It needs to be responsive, because mobile is where it's at. And it needs to reflect my personality, which is... well... the kind of personality that comes up with a name like "Big Stick Carpet".
I would LOVE for my screen name to be tied-in to the design somehow, so it doesn't seem quite so random. Maybe a fun logo that has a carpet being beaten with a stick? Or maybe a play on Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote "Walk softly and carry a big stick"? (carpet = walking softly) Maybe a silhouette of a guy with a big stick slung over his shoulder, walking along a carpeted path. I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm willing to pay extra for logo design if need be.
The site should have some basic information about me:
* My real name (James Messinger)
* My screen name (BigstickCarpet)
* Where I live (Austin, TX)
* A link to my LinkdIn profile
* My twitter handle (@BigstickCarpet)
* Maybe a feed of my recent tweets
* A brief bio (two or three sentences)
* Maybe a pull-quote or motto
It should have some information about a few of my recent projects (maybe 5 or so). I don't have any preference as to whether the list is just a simple list, or a carousel, or a bunch of thumbnails that show pop-ups when clicked, or something else entirely. As long as it's a sharp design.
Each project should have the following information:
* The project's name
* A brief description (one or two sentences)
* A link to the source code
* Maybe a link to the documentation (not all projects have documentation)
* Maybe a screenshot (not all projects have a screenshot)
* Maybe some badges that show the state of the project (see http://shields.io for examples)