We want to overhaul the design of the labels on our supplements.
For the purposes of this contest, we'd like the label redesign to be for Damage Control Master Formula (heretofore referred to as DCMF):
Once we have a winning design, we will work with the designer to redesign our other supplement labels. All of our (other) supplements (Advanced Health Formula, Primal Flora, Primal Fuel. Vitamin D, Vital Omegas, Primal Calm) can be viewed here:
You'll see that all of the supplement labels are similar to one another, with the main difference being the label color.
Vitamin D is yellow like the sun.
Primal Flora (a probiotic) is green like earth.
Primal Calm (a stress relief formula) is a calming blue tone.
Vital Omegas are golden like the fish oil capsules.
In redesigning the DCMF label, please keep this in mind. That is, that we'll likely want to apply a similar, but slightly altered version of the DCMF label design to the other labels, so that the design of the supplement labels on the whole looks cohesive, and they all look like a family of products.
We're looking for creative new ideas, so we want to leave this fairly wide open. But here are a few thoughts to get you started:
1. The labels should look like they fit on PrimalBlueprint.com. They shouldn't look out of place on the site and next to the designs of our other marketing collateral and products.
2. Keep in mind that these are on the higher-end of the spectrum in terms of price point. They are premium products, more or less. My inclination is to make them look like premium products. We were kind of going for that with the last design, with more of a clinical, austere approach.
3. I suggest having a look at what other supplement manufacturers are doing these days.
For what it's worth, this is what one of our closest competitors is doing: http://paleologix.com/paleo-supplements/ And here's a collection of different popular supplements: http://store.chriskresser.com/collections
4. Here's an example of supplement bottle design that we kind of like: http://www.biotrust.com/
It manages to be both colorful and bold, but not too busy. It's simple and clean, with plenty of white space, but also vibrant. It has touches of clinical/medical, but not overly so, and feels current.
5. Generally speaking, we want these to be big, bold, vibrant, but also clean, simple and easy to read. They should say something about the brand, and capture the feeling of high end, premium, quality supplements. So some "clinical", "scientific", "medical" baked in might not hurt.
6. The labels should contain our Primal Blueprint logo on them (attached).
In addition to the Primal Blueprint logo, I've also attached the current DCMF label for reference purposes. The copy on the label can stay more or less the same.
Just to reiterate, this contest is about redesigning the DCMF label. Once a winner is selected, we'll discuss the redesign of all other supplement labels.
We look forward to working with you.