- You will be designing an instructional graphic to be printed on a standard-sized yoga mat (74'' x 24''). The actual print area is 2" less on each side, so 70"x20".
- The graphic will contain 10-12 yoga poses in sequence that will enable the user to progress thru a 10-minute, self-guided yoga routine (sequence of poses to be provided).
- The graphic will be used for 3 different yoga levels (beginner, intermediate, and advanced), which will contain poses appropriate for the level.
- We believe the mats will be more suited toward beginners who don't already have a go-to yoga routine.
- We want the graphic to be functional and be clear that it's an instructional self-guided mat.
- Air on the side of a clean design as opposed to something overly artistic or noisy.
- We don't imagine a lot of words or text on the graphic. The poses should speak for themselves.
- We're thinking the poses would look best as simple silhouettes, but we're open to ideas if they look good.
- It's okay to have other graphics in the design that complement the overall mat feel and tones down the attention a bit on the poses. We like a lot of the floral and sun designs found on gaiam.com.
- In the bottom right hand corner, we'd like a box that contains our logo (see lotus flower attached). The frog logo on a Manduka designed mat is a good example.
- Total # of colors for the mat design should not exceed 2. The base mat color does not count toward the total. Base mat colors are as follows:
- Beginner mat color: Light gray (similar to hex #969696)
- Intermediate mat color: Slate blue (similar to hex #537586)
- Advanced mat color: Dark lavender (similar to hex #C174A0)
See attached yoga swatch samples.
3 Standing Forward Bend
4 Downward Dog
5 Dolphin Plank
7 Downward Dog
10 Warrior I
2 Revolved Triangle
3 Cow Face
4 One Legged King Pigeon
7 Sleeping Vishnu
8 Shoulder Stand
9 Plow Pose
11 Extended Side Angle
12 Awkward Chair Pose
1 Dancing Shiva
2 Half Moon Pose
3 One Leg Arching Dog
4 Cow Face Pose
7 One Legged Four Limb Staff
8 Dolphin Plank
9 Downward Dog
10 Three Legged Downward Dog
11 Standing Forward Bend