This project will consist of two views:
1. What I'd like to take away from this previous app design is the gesture based recording process. In odimo the user swipes up to record and down to stop. However, because of the latest iphone design, the up swipe opens the control center of the phone and the down swipe opens the notification center. So whats left is left and right swipes to control the recording process. I'm open to other ideas.
2. I'm open to using the previous microphone design.
3. However, I'd like to stay away from the bright colorful design. I prefer accents of color rather than heavy colorful backgrounds.
4. I'd also like a waveform displayed while recording. I do like the current siri waveform design.
5. In the previous app, i displayed the waveforms of the recorded tracks. This is something I'd like to avoid for this app.
6. For each track cell, I'd like there to be a "like" button along with the number of likes.
7. If the track does belong to the current user, I'd like there to be an edit button.
8. When a user taps on a cell, the track associated with the cell begins playing and another tap pauses the track.
9. I'd also like some kind of control bar for pausing and playing and skipping forward and backwards.
10. The feed needs some kind of control that switches the tracks from displaying the community tracks, the users tracks, and the tracks liked by the user.
11. Each cell should include the username and track title.
12. If possible, I'd like a version that includes a profile picture in each cell and a version that has no profile pictures.
What to avoid
I'd like to avoid the cartoony toy-like feel of the previous app.