Went above and beyond for the project.
Great end result! Very responsive to my feedback with extremely fast turn around.
- R2 RELIABILITY
How Lifelike Apps started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
*** We've just changed some important requirements and are still very much looking for a winning design Please submit your entries! ***
The app will allow our users to browse and search Craigslist on their Android phones.
We're actually looking for a designer of record for all Android apps we do so the stakes are quite high for this project! If it works out and we like working with you on this, you'll get plenty of other Android design work from us. :-) But we're looking for someone who really specializes on Android design.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
IMPORTANT NEW ELEMENTS:
1) We've added screenshots of our iOS app (Daily for Craigslist) INCLUDING the 3 screens that need to be designed here.
2) We've decided to stick with the iOS layout for this Android app which should make it easy. HOWEVER if you feel strongly as an Android user that some elements of the UI must be changed or moved to make the app more Android-friendly, PLEASE speak up and propose the changes. We are looking for good design as well as expertise.
Our iOS app has a little bit of a traditional newspaper look as you'll see in the screenshots without being too skeumorphic/literal about it. We'd like that aspect in the Android app as well.
But obviously fonts, icons, etc need to be adapted to Android.
The design should be optimized for Android smartphones and use the latest Android design style/guidelines from Google. It should scale OK for tablets but tablets should not be the main targets. Smartphones are.
Daily for Craigslist, Android Edition.
The screens included should be
1) the Craigslist "home" page displaying the Craigslist categories and the global navigation (should be based on our current iOS app).
2) The list view that displays all the Craigslist listings within a category (again, should be based on our current iOS app).
3) The listing detail page where all the information about a given listing is shown including actions that can be performed on this listing such as replying, sharing, etc. (yup, here too it should be based on our current iOS app)
What to avoid
DO NOT submit anything unless you've had a chance to use our iOS app and totally get how the experience works there. There's a free version of it in the Apple App store so feel free to download that one.
Also, non standard navigation or controls of any kind should be avoided. The goal is for users to immediately feel at ease and not have to guess how anything is working. New users must feel like they know how to use the app as if they've always used it.
The app should use standard fonts, icons, buttons, etc. Customizing color is OK but all UI elements should be standard.