Our brand personality is:
All options are welcome: “METRA” (caps), “Metra” and “metra” (lower case).
The brand METRA should include the Italian flag or 3 lines or whatever you would like to create with the 3 flag Italian colors.
Italian Flag Color Palette: http://www.color-hex.com/color-palette/4896
The logo design MUST be:
- Simple: Must be simple enough for someone to draw it with a pencil in 3 seconds.
- Timeless: It should not follow any ‘trends’ or be fashionable. It should look great if the year is 1950, 2000 or 2050.
- Culturally sensitive: The logo must work across different cultures around the world.
- 100% new and original: If wordmark logo is modified from an existing font, include font name in comments
- Strong rationale: Prove how your design communicates what our brand is and its personality
- Design principles: Prove how your design was carefully designed using the golden ratio, cleverly uses negative space, versatile in applications etc.
Logo types to explore:
- Word mark
- Letter mark
- Pictorial mark
- Line art mark
Options to Explore:
-Plug in the M or E or A
- Or maybe a Battery in the E
- Or whatever your creative mind wants to explore!
For examples of logos WE LOVE visit this Pinterest board:
1) Logos to inspire Metra brand --> https://ar.pinterest.com/juanserrot/logos/
2) Simple, classic logo examples --> https://www.pinterest.com/joleneche…-examples/
Simplicity is key!
UPDATE * 23/06/17
First, thanks to everyone! We are very excited with all the logos we are receiving.
We want to share with you some issues we were discussing internally:
1) We would like to see how the logos work with different backgrounds (light and dark).
And also in the frame of these 2 bikes:
Black bike > https://goo.gl/k6xmbZ
White bike > https://goo.gl/2SASZJ
2) We really don’t like the entire name "METRA" with the Italian color flag. The Italian color flag must be very clear, soft and specific. Could be in a symbol, could be in a letter, could be in 3 lines… BUT not in all the word “METRA”.
3) We really want our brand personality to shine through. Read them over again before submitting your concept! Here are a few that we feel we are missing from most entries: