We are not looking for a traditional consumer-brand logo, we're looking for a logo + stylized words. The two logos we uploaded are ideas we had for layout only, but you can present the logo as you see fit.
As far as design, we don't have any ideas other than "simplicity" which is what everybody says they want, but really they just want to be like Apple. Unfortunately, we're not Apple. We're a website with three generic words in our name. Just do your best.
- no cartoony people
- no check marks or boxes with checkmarks
- include all three words "Voting Domain Names" in the word portion
- do not include the ".com"
- on the graphic portion of the logo, do not to use the words (aka redundancy is bad)
- color choice should be a single color or combination of red, white, blue, or black but ultimately color is less important
- even though our business is leasing domain names, it is probably not a good idea to use .com, .org or other such things in the graphic portion of the logo
- break the rules if it makes sense or if it just looks badass
Our existing logo, designed in-house, is attached below. We feel there is a lot of room for improvement, which is why we're on here.