Our existing logo was designed in 2008 when our focus was on formal sports education through our accredited certificate and diploma courses.
Our organisation has undergone a series of significant changes since then; our founder, Grandmaster Jim Fung, passed away in 2007 and the Academy has continued under his eldest son. We now focus on offering classes to a new generation of students which combine martial arts and fitness training. We need a new logo which rejuvenates our brand and represents the bold new direction of our organisation.
Through our new branding strategy, we hope to present ourselves as a premium boutique provider of martial arts training with a fitness edge. We see our main future competitors as being gyms and fitness studios rather than niche martial arts schools.
We want our new logo to:
* Convey a sense of martial arts, health and fitness
* If possible, have some aspect which is symbolic of the history or philosophy of the International Wing Chun Academy
* Stand out among the logos of gyms and fitness academies
What we wish to avoid if possible:
* Silhouettes of people
* Images of animals
* Images of gym equipment (weights, boxing gloves, etc.)
* Chinese or East Asian imagery which doesn't relate to our brand in a meaningful way (yin yang symbols, etc.)
* Chinese writing / characters
* Australian imagery
* We are willing to consider both simple and complex designs, but we prefer simpler designs.
* While our logo must include the name 'International Wing Chun Academy', we may be more likely to pick a design that has a distinct graphical element (such as an emblem, mark or shape) that can be used to identify us without the need for text (think of the Facebook or Google logo).
* The versatility of the logo is important - it will be used on our website and printed promotional material. We may wish to use it on our uniforms. Will it scale down and still be clear enough?
* We are looking for two colour schemes - one for a light background and one for a dark background.
Recommended colour scheme:
* Any or all of the following: Navy blue, light blue, red, grey, black
* Please go to our website and look at the colours of our uniforms and the sashes worn by our trainers
How to create a winning design:
* Please take the time to research our organisation. It's important that you understand our history, philosophy and the heart of our organisation in order to create a meaningful design that we'll be able to use in the years to come.
Here are a few links which will be of use in understanding what we are all about: