How amyshelton45 started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Raise the Barre Movement
What’s your company slogan?
Dance. Pilates. Barre.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
I am a freelance movement instructor based in London looking to brand my new venture "Raise the Barre Movement". I teach Dance, Pilates and Barre. The logo needs to encompass a sense of movement, grace and strength. It must appeal to a middle class audience - to parents of potential students and to fitness clientele also. By nature my audience is usually female - however I want to ensure the logo is not overly feminine as to steer away male clients - i.e. no pinks or purples, silhouettes should be without skirts/tutus.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What colors do you want to see in your design?
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
Hi everybody! Thank you for your interest!
The logo must contain the "barre" icon and ideally a dancer along/on the barre. I have uploaded a draft design I have been playing around with - I like the form it is taking but it needs some expert touches - I would like the dancer's hand to integrate into the "R" of the word Raise. I am drawn to a seafoam/grey/white or tiffany blue/grey/white palette but would appreciate some insight/advice on colouring.
Other things to note:
1. The barre should be placed just above the dancer's hips or in line with the waist.
2. "Raise the Barre" should have equal or more emphasis as "movement" - this particularly applies when not on one line.
3. Silhouettes should be without skirt/tutu as to avoid being overly feminine. I am open to silhouettes that could be interpreted as possibly being male.
4. Out of interest please provide designs in seafoam (more green) and tiffany blue (more blue).
5. Experiment with fonts - I am hoping to convey modern, clean and fancy. Overall logo to represent an equal balance of strength and grace.
Thank you! I can't wait to see your designs! :)
I may be looking for further brand identity/website/brand packs etc in the future. Thank you for your creativity!