1. The word Kisan is very generic and the logo which would come should also be simple to understand and should appeal to common man who is not that exposed to reading the logos and interpret meaning out of it.It would help us to connect with customers, associate our brand with quality, good service, good selection and value.
2. I think since in coming months there would be lot of activities happening on the ground, there would be strong need of promotional material which would be required to be published in Hindi as well as English. This would include the branding on the soil testing van, posters, banners and pamphlets. So the branding strategy and its output has to be in Hindi and as well as English.
3. One of the examples is Kisan Utsav where they have tried to use Hindi and English but i think somewhere down the line the impression and clarity has missed in the message where text has been used to illustarte and rest of the image is supporting theme. (please see the attached file)
4. Another very good and simple example to Sync Hindi and English is what is done by Pune Based Kisan. (please see the attached file)
5. I think we are dealing with a whole community of farmers which can produce anything and anywhere. So we should not limit the theme to some products like wheat. It has to go beyond that.
6. The entire initiative would happen on ground in the extreme rural belts so Message has to be very simple and straight which even an illiterate person can understand from the logo and it should be modern enough to appeal to our partners in this.
7. Colours should be bring agriculture and fonts should be simple. Please adopt this strategy for Hindi as well as English Creatives being developed.
8. There are social, economic and environmental problems in most rural places. Remote villages may suffer from multiple deprivation (e.g. few well-paid jobs, decline of farming, few services, out-migration by young people), small seaside villages from similar issues (e.g. decline of fishing, seasonality of employment, lack of high-paid jobs). Lot of rural youth is expected to join us. We want to give them the sense of pride my association with us. Logo should have that feel and sense of association.
9. For agricultural businesses, farms and rural communities, KISAN Manch would be a kind of public identity which would be drilled down into an image or few words. It has to be a positive image that evokes an emotion or immediate association. My idea on this branding would revolve around memorable words and graphic design with some nice colours which has easy recall, Broad recognition and good visibility.
Since my roots are there in rural belts, According to me, we would be in the Rural rebranding arena, where a rural place reinvents itself in an attempt to provide for a more prosperous future.