What we DO want:
1) A logo that defines our company name and our services through a metaphor. Yet, does it in a clever and subtle manner. There should be a hidden message that appears the more you examine the logo.
2) The emblem must tell our story and the text in the logo must build upon it with the company name. We are an engineering firm that designs custom products and services for satellite & gsm networks.
3) It must be designed in a way that it is still distinguishable in black/white without any grey. The emblem will be used by itself on a multitude of materials. The full logo will be used in branding web, print, packaging and tradeshow materials.
4) Separate the emblem from the text, but keep a harmony between them. The emblem must be able to be used just by itself (without company name) and still convey the message.
5) Designs must work on both dark, light & clear backgrounds.
6) It Must be clean and modern. Minimalistic, yet tells our story metaphorically.
7) Use a smooth font that represents technology & creative design at the same time.
8) Editing the font slightly to make it unique to the company name while also relating with the message of the emblem is a plus.
What we DONT want:
1) An abstract emblem with no or limited meaning.
2) An emblem forming just "GSE".
3) Use of stock images or photography
4) A simple gear, satellite or globe is too obvious. Variations or abstractions may be acceptable.