We're looking for the following in submitted designs:
* [IMPORTANT] Something artistic, more than just a simple bird next to the company name (we've eliminated most of those from other designers already). The use of custom shapes is important.
* [IMPORTANT] Innovation and creativity - ideally, logo will clearly communicate the basic idea of our company, and will be memorable. We like designs which are clever, and those that make it obvious what our company is all about simply by looking at the logo.
* [IMPORTANT] Use of details to bring out vibrancy
* [IMPORTANT] We would prefer a mascot in the logo, but it's not required. If you do use a mascot please include a lot of detail, character and emotion. See below for examples of logos / mascots we like. If not including a mascot, we'd expect some creative presentation of the letters of the company name.
* Company name can be portrayed as "flockit" or "Flockit" or "FlockIt" -- whichever one looks the best with your design.
* When thinking about the word Flock, we like flying birds more than penguins, but we're open to other options. It's all about illustrating the concept clearly. Birds work well with the concept of travel, which is one part of what we do.
* We like the idea of blending / twisting / cutting / merging the shapes of things (i.e. letters of the company name, graphic shapes, and/or the mascot) together in a clever way, to better visually illustrate the company concept or name. An example of this is "RedBolt", where the "R" is twisted into a lightning bolt shape.
* Clean, crisp, and modern flat design. If the design can work as a mobile app icon, it's a plus - but not required.
* Font choices are up to you, but in general we like tighter letter spacing and thicker, slightly rounded fonts. Hand drawn fonts are also cool. Please don't use standard fonts found everywhere.
* Color choices are up to you, but in general we like blue colors (like sky-blue). We like the use of two-tones (or three-tones) and shades of the same color.
* Slogan is also optional - but if you want to use one, you can use ONE (not both) of these:
- OR -
In It Together
Also see our Pinterest board for some examples of what we like: