With the launch of our website we are announcing our first 3D printer called the Photon Beam. It is a resin printer. For those of you who do not know how resin is printed, watch this 45sec video.
This is similar to how our printer prints i.e a print materializing upside down from vat of liquid resin. There is a laser underneath the vat of liquid that essentially cures the resin, hardening it as it is pulled out. Hopefully this description provides some inspiration
In our product, the color of this laser is deep purple. We would like to incorporate this color in our branding logo symbol. This color should NOT be the dominant color but should be used for accents. If you can create a logo that conveys a feeling of high performance, high quality you have a good chance of winning. Think BMW’s M logo.
To help you guys further alone with the design
Here is some criteria.
For creating a symbol
1) Avoid the 3 in the symbol graphic.
2) The symbol should be geometric
3) The symbol should symbolize the meaning of Alchemy i,e An almost magical transformation through the use of chemical or other properties”
4) Symbol/icon does not need only reflect our product but what our product can achieve - the freedom to create anything imaginable.
When creating a font
1) Do you see “alch my?” or do you see “alchemy” with a quick glance? We prefer alchemy.
2) If the use of a symbolic “3” breaks up the name, use an independent symbol.
A modern font style that clearly reads “alchemy” when quickly glanced over but through double takes, the number “3” is revealed
3) We suggest using a squarer, edgier, “3” vs rounded, if the other letters are capitalized. Purpose being that the 3 looks like a mirrored E in that form thus promoting the quick read intent.
4) Provide samples of lower case if using upper case previously If using lower case - focus more on the symbol icon as a separate, independent, graphic apart from the letters.
Photos of our product and example sketches of logos we have thought up can be seen here. If initial photo examples are required please let me know.
NOTE: The logo sketches we have done are just starting points. If you have an idea that is different than this then please by all means surprise us :) We might like yours better than our sketch.