We are looking for a new design for our 'Grading Certificates'.
☆ Background ☆
A student will receive this certificate once they pass an assessment of their Wing Chun Kung Fu skills (known as a 'Grading').
The certificate will display their name, as well as an inked stamp for the Grade that they have just attained, the instructor's signature and the date of grading.
We are introducing a new Grade - Grade 5 - and require a re-design of the Grading Certificate.
☆ What style are we looking for? ☆
We'd like to leave this up to you, but we're leaning more towards a vintage-inspired look which pays homage to our beginnings in 1973.
Think hand-crafted, line-art, letterpress and creative typography. Something which looks like it wasn't designed in Microsoft Word or churned out of Photoshop.
We're looking for something which remixes the recognisable aspects of our emblem in a cool and creative way.
☆ Resources and References ☆
We've attached our current school emblem (PDF and JPG). You will see that the current Grading Certificate incorporates the inner elements of the emblem (the pearl, crown, shield and dragons).
If you're looking for other examples of Wing Chun Kung Fu related imagery, please refer to our website at https://www.wingchun.edu.au or do a Google search for 'Wing Chun'.
We've also attached a few examples of certificate designs which may be of a similar theme to what we're looking for. We are however looking for something unique which cleverly incorporates elements of our branding into the design.
☆ Current Design ☆
The current Grading Certificate design (blank and mocked-up completed versions) is attached to this project for your reference.
You will see that the inked stamp is printed on the Grading certificate by default. It is manually stamped onto the certificate for Grades 3 and above.
There is a circular placeholder for an embossed 44mm silver seal, which is stuck to the certificate once the student completes Grade 4.
☆ Requirements - what must be included ☆
As this is a re-design of an existing certificate, certain elements must be maintained:
1. The following phrase and the registered trademark symbol must be shown at the top of the certificate. This is the trademarked name of our martial art:
Grandmaster Jim Fung's Wing Chun Kung Fu®
2. The text of the certificate must read:
This is to certify that *** has attained the standard of
3. There must be space for 5 Grades - Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4 and Grade 5.
4. The shield and dragon elements must be recreated to suit the style of the new certificate. 'Master Jim Fung's Wing Chun Academy' must be changed to 'International Wing Chun Academy' as per our current emblem.
5. The inked stamp from the existing A4 sized design must be maintained with the same dimensions and displayed in the space where the Grade 2 stamp should go.
6. There must be space for a signature and date, preferably beneath the stamp for each Grade.
7. There must be a faint circle somewhere of approximately 36-38mm in diameter as a guide for where to attach the 44mm silver seal.
8. The large sign-off (which currently says CHIEF INSTRUCTOR), should read:
International Wing Chun Academy
9. The legal text at the bottom of the certificate should read (please italicise 'Grandmaster Jim Fung's Wing Chun Kung Fu'):
Grandmaster Jim Fung's Wing Chun Kung Fu® is a registered trademark of Siu Sing Pty Ltd trading as the 'International Wing Chun Academy'.
Certificate not valid unless stamped, signed and dated by an authorised representative of the International Wing Chun Academy.
☆ Acceptable Format ☆
The format is A4 portrait - full CMYK colour is permitted. Preferably vector format, but we may accept a very high res raster (300 DPI at least) if the design is right.