Update 2, 25.10.:
1) Changed colors in briefing. That doesn't invalidate the already existing logos, obviously; they are great. I just want to see if a darker blue red grey combo is maybe more "professional".
2) Since the question appeared, simul.io meaning: "simul" from latin "together" - related to my job to do communication and collaboration strategy, IT strategy helping people to work together more efficiently; .io for the data-part, input/output, ...
3) It's mandatory, that the logo also works in a 2-color-version, e.g. plain black on white bg, or white on black or color bg. It's also mandatory, that the logo is strong enough, to stand alone, without any text. Logo with name "simul.io". And Logo with name and slogan.
4) I'm aiming for simplicity. I want to be able to draw the logo from my head myself. And I don't draw very well. :) Not that I'm going to, but I think that makes a logo good and clean and simple and memorable.
5) I know I wrote about "sth. instagram like" myself, so no one else except myself is to "blame" – but obviously I don't want my logo to be too similar. Different color gradients are fine (here are some I like: https://languagedrops.com/ but again, these are merely suggestions) and no gradient at all but a nice color or color combo is fine as well!
Update 1, 24.10.: Removed points "very basic web layout" and "Optional Bonus (not mandatory): Logo may be animated" because they are not allowed.
I need a general "Corporate Identity". I'm positioning myself as a management consultant, specialising in Information Technology, Innovation, Communication/Collaboration. This implies cleanliness, professionalism; my customers are enterprises, higher management, IT or corporate communications.
CI should include logo, colors, fonts; but also a real "identity" itself. Today I have nothing and everything except for my area of business is completely open. Especially the name and slogan are not set into stone - they are merely suggestions from a first brainstorming. If you have better / more fitting ideas or suggestions: more than welcome! Maybe also just sth. with my name or initials is an option for company name and logo?
- - A4-Letter for bills, offers, business communication etc.
- - Business Cards
[- - "Envelope" and "Facebook" are not really important to me]
What I like and dislike (these are merely thoughts and ideas of my own and I don't have a clue about design – so this is not mandatory at all - but maybe it will help you understand, what I'm looking for):
Designs or logos I like:
- Apple style and the Johnny Ive stuff, Braun (of course, haha)
- super clean and memorisable stuff like the (current) logos of Facebook, Adidas, Nike, FedEx, Target, 3M, ...
- The current color gradient trend (like the instagram logo or background on https://en.instagram-brand.com/ – colors I (not exclusively) like for that blue-teal-purple or red-orange-pinkish or blue-green)
[- related to the last point: I'm a big movie fan and like the Saul Bass stuff, for example, but also these old neon style movie posters - I have absolutely no idea how to have that and still a business look. But if you want to try, be bold – an extraordinary design would be awesome - I promise to at least pick one of those as the finalists - if not even final if you manage to balance that]
- Logo (and whole CD) should work in color but also black and white, on screen but also paper (white background)
- In general more white+colors – no dark backgrounds; in general more minimalism
- Logo should work as "just very simple logo", logo with name, maybe logo with name and slogan (not most important)
- Some Color (combinations) I like: (dark) red, blue, grey, pink, teal
- lots of whitespace
I usually don't like:
- "old"/"vinatge" logos, fonts
- too much
- too many colors (you can convince me otherwise though – there are examples I think are good, e.g. BASF)
Last words: If this is too much or contradictory in itself, lets talk – a good result is way more important than having all my "feelings" or ideas in there.